Saturday, July 7, 2012

Skinny Buffalo Quesadilla

In the mood to try something a little different, I decided to make the Buffalo Burger Quesadillas from Skinny Taste.

Overall it was a nice change, but I think if I made it again I would stick to chicken.


Ingredients:

1 lb 100% lean grass-fed ground buffalo
1 cup pico de gallo (I didn't have this)
1 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar jack cheese
8 small whole wheat flour tortillas, cut smaller if desired (La Banderita)
spray olive oil (Pam)
salt and fresh pepper

Directions:

Form 4 thin burger patties. Season with salt and pepper. Heat a pan to medium-high heat; when hot, lightly spray the pan with oil and add the burgers.
Cook burgers about 2 minutes on each side. Set aside.

In another pan, heat on medium heat. Lightly spray with oil and place the tortillas on the pan (I used a small pan, so I had to do it one at a time). Place 2 tbsp cheese on each tortilla. (This is where I realize I do a horrible job at measuring - I have no idea how much cheese I used).

Place buffalo burger onto tortilla with cheese and add 2 tbsp of cheese on each. Place the other tortilla on top; flip and cook until the cheese melts.

It will look like this...






No comments:

Post a Comment