Friday, June 1, 2012

Oreo Ice Cream Cake

There was a birthday in the house so I asked about a favorite cake and the reply was "an ice cream cake."
I have never made this before or even thought about attempting it, but I thought.. why not?

Warning: This turned out incredible! Skip this post unless you are prepared to make a deliciously (non-skinny) ice cream cake.


The original recipe was from AllRecipes.com and lists directions to make a chocolate chip cookie ice cream cake. After reading many comments from the readers on the site, I learned that you can make this with a little imagination and the ice cream/cookie of your choice.
I choose to make an Oreo Ice Cream Cake.

The original recipe give instructions on how make your own crust, but I decided to use the premade oreo crust to save some time.

Ingredients:
Ingredients to make crust or premade crust
1 quart of ice cream of your choice (I choose to use two kinds: Oreo Blast (Vanilla & Chocolate).
Fudge Topping
Light Cool Whip
Oreo pieces


Directions:
Spread melted (3/4 cup) fudge topping onto crust and freeze for 15 minutes.
Spread softened ice cream over fudge layer. Freeze 30 minutes.
Then I spread the next layer (chocolate this time) over the first layer. Freeze for 30 minutes.
I then put the cool whip in a layer over the last ice cream layer and topped with oreo pieces. Freeze for a minimum of 4 hours.


To serve, garnish with hot fudge topping and a cherry.




No comments:

Post a Comment