Sunday, February 10, 2013

Paleo Crock Pot Chicken Meatloaf

Did I say meatloaf... in a crock pot? I sure did! This slow cooker, paleo, meatloaf which cooked about 5 hours turned out pretty well.

As I am trying to cook more pale things, I searched the internet for the best (and easiest) recipes and I came across this one and thought.. well why not?

The original recipe can found be on Paleopot.com.

Ingredients for loaf:


2 pounds of lean ground meat (I used chicken)
2 eggs, beaten
4 ounces of bacon, crisped and chopped
1/2 of a small white onion, small dice
4 green onions, chopped
2 stacks of celery, sliced thinly or chopped
2 tsp of dried oregano
1 tsp of black pepper
1 tsp of thyme
2 tsp of smoked paprika
2 tsp of garlic powder

Ingredients for sauce:

1 small can of tomato paste
2 tbsp of dijon mustard
2 tsp of smoked paprika
2 tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp of apple cider vinegar

Directions:
1. Cook bacon until brown and crispy, then chop into small pieces.

2. In a large bowl combine ground meat, beaten eggs, bacon, veggies and seasonings.

3. Mix together by hand, forming a loaf. Place your loaf in slow cooker.


4. Mix tomato sauce ingredients together and spoon over the loaf.

5. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.


It maintained it's shape and came out delicious. I kept some out and froze the rest!


No comments:

Post a Comment