Friday, February 8, 2013

Butternut Squash Soup (Paleo)

It is cold out and I wanted to make a warm, smooth comfort food but it had to be Paleo. Searching for the perfect recipe, I came across a book called "Paleo Comfort Foods." It has all kinds of great recipes, which I am looking forward to trying. I was flipping through the book and found a recipe for a soup that I hadn't had before, so of course that was exactly the one I was going to fix!


I left the recipe as is... well minus the leeks.

Ingredients:
1 butternut squash peeled and seeded (I bought it precut it precut)
1 tbs olive oil
1 medium onion- diced
1 tbs ginger
5 cups chicken stock
2 tsp nutmeg


Directions:
1. Cut butternut squash into 1 inch cubes.
2. Heat large pot with olive oil and add in onions and leeks.
3. Add squash, ginger, chicken stock. Bring to simmer. Cook until squash is tender ~ 15 minutes.



4. Pour off most of the stock and reserve.
5. Add squash, onion, ginger mixture to food processor and purée.


6. Once puréed, add contents back to pot. Add in the reserved chicken stock until the desired consistency is attained.




7. Stir well and add in nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.


This soup definitely has a place in my recipe box!

No comments:

Post a Comment