Friday, February 22, 2013

Quick and Easy Paleo Chili

It is February and cold out and I don't know about you, but nothing warms me up like a nice bowl of chili. If you know anything about paleo, then you know that strict Paleo does not allow legumes. The idea of chili without beans seems criminal to me - I love beans! As it turns out Texas Chili is known for not having beans so I thought I would give it a try. I was sure I would miss the beans and the chili just wouldn't be the same, but that didn't happen. I enjoyed the nice warm bowl of chili and never even missed the beans. This recipe turned out wonderfully delicious, but maybe a little on the spicy side so in the future I may adjust the spices depending on who I am cooking for.
The original recipe can be found on the Paleo Eats website.

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef

1 medium onion, chopped

2 tbsp olive oil

4-5 cloves garlic, minced

1 can organic tomatoes 14.5oz (petite-diced)

1 can tomato sauce (I added this because I wanted the chili to have more sauce)

1 green bell pepper, chopped

3-4 tbsp chile powder

2 tsp dry oregano

1-2 tsp ground cumin

salt and pepper

Directions:

1. Add olive oil to a pan on medium heat, brown ground beef with chopped onion and minced garlic.

2. Add tomatoes, bell pepper, chile powder, oregano, cumin, and salt.

3. Bring the chili to a boil then simmer for 20 mins.


Enjoy! This recipe is definitely a keeper in my recipe box.

No comments:

Post a Comment