Friday, January 18, 2013

Lil' Smokies - Barbecue Sauce

I made a second batch of Lil' Smokies with the base as barbecue sauce (instead of the sweet and spicy from my previous post) in order to compare and decide was MY recipe.
Which recipe won? Definitely this one - the barbecue.
The sauce came out thicker, which I think was an important factor. Either way if I make these again, barbecue is the way to go.

The original recipe can be found on crockpot365.blogspot.com. I shortened the cook time, but otherwise didn't change the recipe. I have only been to this site for this, but I think I need to dig further into it (especially when I consider how much I love my crock pot).

Ingredients:

1 pound Little Smokies sausage (I used turkey)
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup barbecue sauce

Directions:
1. Mix all ingredients in slow cooker.





2. Cook for 1 hour on low. If you cook for longer, the sauce thickens more.


No comments:

Post a Comment