Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Crock Pot.. Pot Roast (Take 2) with Gravy

In my effort to continue to perfect my recipes and determine what is "my" recipe for certain things, I have tried another pot roast recipe. The first recipe I tried (see previous post was basically the meat itself with seasonings. In this recipe, condensed soup is used for flavoring and it makes more of a gravy. Both recipes turned out fantastically delicious and I would recommend both. If I had to make it again, I am not sure which I would choose. Neither is far superior to the other. I think the first pot roast would be less calories since it only has seasonings and not the gravy along with it. This would be good for just a meat and vegetable dinner, however if I was making a pot roast with mash potatoes I probably would choose this recipe. The orginal recipe can be found here on Allrecipes.com.
I have learned that the different cuts of meat come out differently (more tender and less dry) than others, so the cut of meat is important!

Ingredients:
2 cans condensed mushroom soup (I used one can cream of mushroom and one can golden mushroom)
1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
1 1/4 cups beef broth
5 1/2 pounds pot roast



Directions:

1. In slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and broth.


2. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.
Cook on low setting for 8-9 hours.



Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment