Saturday, December 29, 2012

Crock Pot.. Roast

I've have never in my life made a pot roast, so this one is definitely new to me and there are a LOT of recipes out there. Unfortunately I didn't have the ingredients in my cupboard for the recipe I wanted to try so I found another that seemed to work with what I already had here in my cupboard. I choose to make the "To Die For" Pot Roast from Food.com. I wanted something with basic ingredients and this seemed to fit.
I only made minor changes to the original recipe.

Ingredients:

1 (4 -5 lb) beef roast
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix, dry
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix (I didn't have this so I substituted italian seasoning and beef broth instead of the 1/2 cup water to make up for the salt)
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package ranch dressing mix, dry
1/2 cup beef broth or water
garlic
liquid smoke



Directions:


1. Place beef roast in crock pot. Add garlic and liquid smoke



2. Mix the dried mixes together in a bowl and sprinkle over the roast.



3. Pour the water/broth around the roast.



4. Cook on low for 7-9 hours.

After cooking....


This turned out delicious and fell apart with a fork.
I put some in smaller containers and froze for later, which after defrosting was just as good!





No comments:

Post a Comment