Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sweet Potato Soup

If you like sweet potatoes on a nice fall night - you will likely like this recipe from Laaloosh.
For myself, taste wise this turned okay but I wasn't a fan of the consistency nor was it a nice fall evening. This was one of the first things I have made that I decided wasn't for my taste, however I still wanted to share my adventure.

Ingredients:
2 cups fat-free chicken broth
4 medium sized sweet potatoes
1 1/2 cups fat-free half-and-half
2 packets Splenda
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dry mustard

The author over at Laaloosh suggests to top it with sour cream as option. I tried this. It definitely added to the taste, but I still couldn't get over the consistency of the soup to enjoy it.

Directions:

Peel sweet potatoes and place into crock pot with chicken broth. Cover and cook on medium for about 3 hours.
Using a food processor, blend up sweet potatoes and broth until smooth.

Put the blended potatoes back into the crock pot. Add half-and-half, Splenda, salt, dry mustard and allspice. Cover and cook on medium for about 1-3 hours. (I cooked my soup for about 2-3 hours more).





Definitely an adventure gone awry. As I said it turned out alright but it just wasn't for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment