Sunday, June 17, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken a la Criolla for Cinco de Mayo

To celebrate Cinco de Mayo, I wanted to make something latin.
In the trying new things in my Crock Pot, I found this recipe for Chicken a la Criolla from Skinny Taste.


Ingredients

2 lbs skinless boneless chickes
1 small onion, diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 bell pepper, chopped or sliced
4 plum tomatoes (In addition, I used canned diced tomatoes)
8 oz can tomato sauce
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp cumin
salt to taste
1-2 bay leaf
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (plus 2 tbsp more for serving)

Directions:

Place chicken, onion, garlic, pepper and tomatoes in the crock pot. Season with salt, cumin and oregano. Mix well.


Add tomato sauce, 1/2 cup water, bay leaf and cilantro. Mix. Cook for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low (I cooked for 6 hours on low).
Serve over rice.


It turned out great, but there was more sauce than chicken!


No comments:

Post a Comment