Saturday, July 21, 2012

Crock Pot Shredded Chicken

Shredded chicken is easy to make in a crock pot and should be made ahead of any recipes requiring this ingredient.
Crock pot shredded chicken takes about 4 hours to make, so I may make it the day before I plan on needing it. This is also good to have around for salad toppings. The original recipe can be found here on Skinny bits.

Ingredients:
Chicken Breast
Water
Chicken Broth

Directions:
Place chicken breasts in crock pot.
Cover chicken breasts with water or chicken broth (I used chicken broth).
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.

When it is finished, place the chicken on a plate and shredd with a fork. It comes apart incredibly easily.
I do have to say the chicken is a bit dry when it comes out and I haven't yet figured out how to avoid this.

No comments:

Post a Comment