Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Snack: Skinny Baked Parmesan Kale Chips

I am always looking for new ways to introduce veggies into my diet. I came across these veggie snacks that are low fat, low calorie and low carb on Skinny Taste.

I have to admit that I had never tried Kale prior to this, so I wasn't sure what to expect.




Ingredients:
1 bunch kale (~12 oz stems removed)
Olive Oil Spray
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
A sprinkle of sea salt



Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray two large baking sheets with oil.

Wash and thoroughly dry kale. Remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite sized pieces.
Place on baking sheets, spray with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.



Bake about 10-12 minutes, turning and moving them around as they shrink to make sure they evenly crisp up.
Top with shredded parmesan cheese, keeping a close eye on them, bake an additional 5 to 6 minutes until the edges are crisp but not burnt. Time will vary depending on your oven.


Verdict.... it was an adventure. For my tastes, Kale tastes too much like seaweed. I also found that the Kale didn't keep well and was soggy when I went to eat it the next day. Glad I tried it, but won't be making it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment