Friday, August 24, 2012

Hungry Girl Totally Terrific Tuna Melt

As mentioned in --- a previous post ---, I got a few new cookbooks so that I can try some new, healthy recipes. One of the new cookbooks I bought was the Hungry Girl 1-2-3 cookbook.

This was a quick dinner... delicious and easy to make! According to HG, this was 7 points however my calculations were higher. I think I will need to look for a lower point cheese to bring the points down.


Ingredients:
1 light English Muffin (I use Thomas' light multigrain)
3 oz of tuna, packed in water, drained (not quite a full can)
1 tbsp Dijon Mustard (original recipe called for dijonnaise)
1 tbsp ff plain greek yogurt (such as Chobani)
Chopped pickle (I had the bread and butter variety and just used the whole slice of pickle. The original recipe calls for 1/2 tbsp of dill pickle)
Squirt of lemon juice
Dash of garlic powder, black pepper
2 slices plum tomato
2 slices cheese (preferably ff)


Directions:
Preheat Broiler. Lightly toast muffin halves.
In small bowl, combine tuna, dijon mustard, yogurt, pickle, lemon juice, garlic powder, and pepper.

Distribute tuna over english muffins. Top with tomato and slice of cheese.

Broil for 1-2 minutes, until cheese melts.


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment