Sunday, April 15, 2012

Chicken Taco Chili

I wanted to try another slow cooker recipe, so I found this Chicken Taco Chili Recipe from Skinny Taste.

I modified the original recipe slightly, but it turned out great!



Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
Ingredients:
1 onion, chopped
1 16-oz can black beans
1 16-oz can kidney beans
1 8-oz can tomato sauce
1 sm can of tomato paste --> I added this to thicken it
10 oz package frozen corn kernels --> I chose not to add this.
2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
1 packet taco seasoning
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
1 package (3-4) boneless skinless chicken breasts


The picture shows two packages of chicken - I only used the one package of chicken breast though.


Directions:
Combine beans, onion, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours. Half hour before serving, shred chicken (I was able to do this without removing from slow cooker). Stir in in chicken.



No comments:

Post a Comment