Sunday, April 1, 2012

Baked Sweet Potato Fries... Almost

I tried yet another recipe from Skinny Taste. This is a great site if you are looking for healthy recipes.

Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries
Servings: 2 • Serving Size: 1/2 • Points+: 3 pts

1 sweet potato, (about 5" long) peeled and cut into 1/4" fries
2 tsp olive oil
sea salt
ground chipotle chile (I chose to add this afterward and did half spicy and half plain)
garlic powder


Preheat oven to 425°.

In a medium bowl, toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt, garlic powder and chipotle chile powder (optional).




Spread sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Spread out to avoid crowding so potatoes get crisp. The original recipe says to bake 15 minutes and then to turn and bake an additional 10-15 minutes.

As you can see there is only a before picture..... lesson learned was that even though the directions say to bake for 10-15, I think in my oven I should only bake for 10. I neglected to pay attention to the part that says cooking times may vary.
Perhaps I need to check to them more frequently. I burned most of them to a crisp! However, the ones that weren't burnt were delicious and I plan on trying this recipe again. Luckily since this was the first time I was attempting anything like this. I purchased frozen store bought back up, just in case....

Does mean my glass is also half empty.. or that I am always prepared?

No comments:

Post a Comment